The mission of the Alumni Association of College of Engineering, Pune, is to reach, engage and serve all alumni, present students by networking with one another to foster a life-long intellectual and emotional connection between the college and its graduates. The association serves the need of COEP alumni for leadership, voluntary commitment, goodwill, financial support, enhancing industry academic collaboration and communications including public relations.
Established in the year 1993, Alumni Association of COEP is registered as Charitable Educational Trust.
- 11 Alumni from different fields are on Governing Body of Association.
- We can also receive Foreign Contribution from Alumni Abroad as per provision of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 1976.
- Annual General Meeting is called every year around 15th September and we celebrate Engineers cum Foundation Day.
- Around 11,000 alumni have been enrolled as Life members of Association.
- We felicitate few Distinguished Alumni every year. So far, 100 Alumni were felicitated.
- Best Outgoing Student Award of COEP is instituted by Alumnus Mr. Sharad Kulkarni and the award is cited to one student every year on Engineers Day Function.
- Scholarships worth Rs. 10 lakh (Loan & onetime) have been instituted for poor and deserving students and Postgraduate Research Work.
- A separate corpus of Rs. 13 lakh is developed for 'S.B. Joshi Memorial Award' which is cited to one outstanding person in the field of Bridge and Structural Engineering. This coveted Award consists of Cash, citation and Memento. Post Award Lecture by Awardee is arranged on that day for the benefit of the students and engineers.
- Alumni Association has established Entrepreneurship Incubation Centre for promoting and encouraging our students to choose Entrepreneurship as a career path.
- Lecture Series on varied topics are arranged by our Alumni to supplement the curriculum.
- Special short term programmes as per needs of teaching faculty and students are arranged. Alumni assign projects to U.G. and P.G. students and prepare them for competitive examinations.
- Networking of our foreign based Alumni in U.S., Canada, Germany, Australia, Japan etc., to establish strong link. COEP Charitable Foundation is established in USA.
- Every year we organize Silver Jubilee, Golden Jubilee and Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of pass outs as a part of Global Reunion-Alumni Fest.
- We publish Annual Bulletin called 'INFOCOEPIAN' every year for last 19 years. Copies are available online, of previous years.
- Alumni Association regularly receives donations from Alumni & industries for the purpose of infrastructural and laboratory developments of the alma mater and for instituting Gold medals, Awards, Prizes & scholarship to the students. Donations of Rs. 54 lakh has been collected during the year 2012-13.
- Techno craft Booth Project Competition is introduced to students since last 6 years, in which they present working models on specified theme. Lot of innovative ideas are presented by students.
- Alumni Association organizes 'Global Reunion of Alumni'. Alumni interact with themselves, COEP Faculty & students for undertaking developmental activities in COEP.
- Alumni Association supports many students centered activities like Mindspark, Zest, SAE BAJA (I) competition, various students clubs by way of expertise and sponsorships.
- Alumni Association offers grants for promoting Research activities in various departments.
- COEP- Alumni-industry interaction Cell has been established and the brochure of which will be published soon. It is expected to solve industrial problems, get the research projects to UG and PG students and training facilities during vacation through such an interaction.
- COEP authorities have permitted alumni to use college facilities like library, gymkhana, boat club and various laboratories.
- Alumni Distinguished Faculty Fellowship (ADFF)
- Mr. Sanjeev Deshpande, an alumnus of 1980 (Metallurgy) along with a few other alumni in USA have initiated an "Alumni Distinguished Faculty Fellowship" in the Department of Metallurgy and Material Science to promote research activities
- Similarly, Prof. Y.S. Sane, alumnus of COEP and faculty of Civil Engg Dept (Retd) donated Rs. 50 lakh to Alumni Association to establish ADFF Scheme for undertaking research project, grant for Research Fellowship to M.Tech structural student and help to needy & poor students.
- Alumni Association is launching Mentorship Programme for F.Y.B.Tech students. The mentors will be Senior Alumni Entrepreneurs, Consultants, Industrialists and Senior Industrial Personnel. The idea is to attach 2-3 students to each mentor according to their disciplines so as to establish rapport with them and have future carrier guidance etc.